The water we drink has never been such a hot environmental topic. Today in Britain, we drink more than 200 times as much bottled water as we did thirty years ago and the environmental costs are significant, both in terms of transporting the water from its source to its retail outlet, and in terms of the waste created by the bottles themselves. Some figures suggest that only one quarter of plastic bottles will be recycled or reused.
Many will say that tap water is perfectly acceptable and wholesome. But many would also agree that tap water doesn’t always taste too good, and it can look cloudy. As a result, there is a growing demand for alternatives.
Enjoy fresh, filtered high quality drinking water with our filtered water taps
The stylish designs will complement every kitchen, and the controls are simple to operate. The fresh filtered water, which is isolated from the regular hot and cold domestic supply, is operated by a separate small lever at the base of the taps.
Since the BLANCO filtered water taps require only one standard 35mm tap hole, they can be installed just as easily as conventional taps, and additional plumbing supplies are not required. The filter cartridge is located under the sink.
The main benefits of our ‘Filtered water’ taps
We would all probably agree that fresh is best, and the ‘FiltraFlow’ and ‘FiltraFresh’ both combine the regular hot and cold water supply and fresh filtered drinking water in one tap. The freshly filtered drinking water is completely isolated from the regular supply, and it is operated by a separate small lever at the base of the tap.
The under-sink filter cartridge acts against potentially undesirable elements to supply top quality drinking water on demand. As well as removing sediment and dirt, the filtered water taps are effective against a wide range of contaminants, including chemicals, toxins and heavy metals, without removing essential minerals.
The filter system has been independently tested and, where trace elements are present in the water supply, a significant reduction is shown in most instances. The filtered water conforms in all respects to the statutory requirements specified by the EC directives on drinking water quality, and to World Health Organisation standards.
BLANCO filtered water taps and filter are simple to fit and replace
- The filter is a Heavy Metal model which has been developed in the UK especially for UK water systems.
- The Heavy Metal cartridge filters the regular tap water to provide an endless supply of wholesome, high quality drinking water which tastes nice.
- A diverter valve isolates the drinking water from the regular hot and cold domestic water supply, ensuring that the high quality of the filtered drinking water is maintained at all times.
- The filter system conforms to water bye-laws when fitted to the mains supply.
- All the filter components conform to BS 6920.
- The filtration media has been tested in accordance with BS EN 12902, and it conforms to BS EN 12915.
- The filter is genuinely bacteriostatic. Even at the end of its life, the filter shows no increase in bacteria.
- The filter has a maximum working pressure of 100psi.
- The filter has a life of 6000 litres or up to six months.
- The filter is easy to change and easily obtainable from Blanco Services.
- The filtered water taps require only one 35mm taphole
- The taps can be installed just as easily as a conventional tap, and additional plumbing supplies are not required. The filter cartridge is located under the sink.
- The taps operate between 1.0 and 1.5 bar water pressure. Whilst lesser pressure will not affect the flow of the filtered water, taps operating below 1.0bar may not be able to guarantee an high flow of hot water.
- The taps provide total control of the hot, cold and filtered water supplies.
- The taps are designed to fit every style of kitchen.
- And at an average cost of 1p a litre, it also an economic choice!